Re: [Last-Call] Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-tls-10

Thanks Xufeng for the detailed review. Please see inline

On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 at 05:56, Xufeng Liu via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reviewer: Xufeng Liu
Review result: Ready with Issues

This is a review of the YANG module in draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-tls-10.

Sec 5.1. and 5.2

1) The container “client-profile” is duplicated twice. Is there any reason for
the duplication?

It was added by mistake, I will remove the duplication.

2) As a convention, in IETF YANG modules, the node name of a list is in the
singular form. Above the list there can be a container with a name in the
plural form. For example, in RFC8519, there are a container “acls” and a list
“acl”. Using such a convention, the container “client-profile” would be better
named as “client-profiles”, and the list “tls-dtls-profiles” would be better
named as “tls-dtls-profile”. The same is applicable to other list names, such
as “tls-dtls-profiles”, “cipher-suites”, “extension-types”,  and
“signature-algorithms-cert”.

Thanks, I wil fix the above names accordingly.

3) The leaf-list “acceptlist-ta-certs” can be better named as
“accept-list-ta-certs” per RFC8407.

Sure.

4) Default values should be specified or explained for optional leaves like
“spki-hash-algorithm”.

Okay.

5) The leaf “profile-name” is suggested to be renamed to “name”. As described
in Sec 4.3.1. of RFC8407, child nodes within a container or list SHOULD NOT
replicate the parent identifier.

Done.

Sec. 5.3. IANA (D)TLS profile YANG Module

1) This section indicates that there are no IANA-maintained values for
spki-pin-set, and certificate-authority parameters. If so, what are the reasons
to include these two types in this IANA YANG module? What do we expect IANA to
maintain and update?

I see your point, I will remove these types from the IANA YANG module.

Sec. 5.4. MUD (D)TLS Profile Extension

1) The file name of the YANG module is wrong. It seems to be a typo.

Yes, fixed.

2) The statement “import ietf-mud” needs to have a “reference” sub-statement.

Added.

3) The leaf “is-tls-dtls-profile-supported” should have a default value or a
description of the default behavior.

Okay.

Sec 7.

1) In the example, the leaf “profile-name” is needed as it is the key of the
list.

Yes.

Sec 10.1.

1) For iana module, iana-tls-profile, instead of “Registrant Contact: IESG”, we
should have Registrant Contact: IANA

Fixed.

[Nit]:

1) The following code contains a line longer than 69 characters:
            leaf hash {
              type ianatp:hash-algorithm;
              description
                "Hash algorithm used with HKDF as defined in RFC5869.";
            }

Done.

Cheers,
-Tiru