Re: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-acme-subdomains-04

Hi Owen,

Thanks for committing the fixes.

To the one inline comment:

On 11/25/22 10:39, Owen Friel (ofriel) wrote:
Section 2:

" Fully-Qualified Domain Name (FQDN): This is often just a clear way
           of saying the same thing as "domain name of a node", as outlined
           above.  However, the term is ambiguous."

These two sentences appear to contradict each other - Is the term clear or ambiguous? I suggest removing the word "clear" to simply state how the term is commonly used, and then point out the ambiguity.

[ofriel] The section starts with stating:

" The following terms are defined in DNS Terminology [RFC8499] and are
    reproduced here"

The definition is an exact quote from RFC8499. Do we need to get the definition in RFC8499 updated? I am unsure if I should change the definition of FQDN in this ACME document and would prefer to change the definition in the common source of these DNS terms. What does IESG recommend?

Oh, I see. Agreed, there's no need to change the definition of FQDN in this document.

I find it strange phrasing, but it's still clear enough, and I'll defer to the DNS folks on whether anything needs to be updated here.

Best,
Reese