Re: BCP 83 PR actions and new media

On 11/10/22 14:13, Paul Wouters wrote:

For some it could be equivalent to losing your job.
I feel we're losing the indispensable proportionality of the sanction.
I dont feel that way. This process starts only after many warnings to the individual, and that process already has an increased proportionality.

The process is problematic for very many reasons.  There are no clear rules for behavior, the only consensus document for behavior that exists clearly wasn't written with that purpose in mind, there is no transparency to the warnings, and there's every reason to believe that the process has been applied arbitrarily and as a form of virtue signaling (vice signaling?).

Keith