Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-pti-pen-registration-08.txt> (Registration Procedures for Private Enterprise Numbers (PENs)) to Informational RFC

I have no objection to this document being published, but I do request a small editorial change.

Section 2.3 says:

   Although such requests are rare, registrations can be deleted.  When
   a registration is deleted, all identifying information is removed
   from the registry, and the value is marked as "returned."  Returned
   values will not be made available for re-assignment until all other
   unassigned values have been exhausted.

It would be helpful to say that the upper bound is described in the next section.

By the way, many common tools deal with OID elements much larger than 2**32-1.

The dumpasn1 tool will properly display this OID:

  0  14: OBJECT IDENTIFIER '1 3 6 1 4 1 4611686018427387903'

But, dumpasn1 has trouble with bigger element values.  The pyasn1 library does fine with much bigger values.

Russ