Re: Response to complaint from Dean Anderson (fwd)

Thus spake "Harald Tveit Alvestrand" <harald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I have replied that I do not see the merit to your complaint, and have NOT
> asked Rob Austein to change his address, have NOT asked ISC to change
their
> antispam policies, and have NOT asked SORBS to change ther listings -
> having concluded that none of these is the IETF's business.
>
> (the alternative - declaring that every antispam function of every system
> that is used by an IETF participant is a matter for the IETF to have an
> opinion on, and possibly work to have changed, every time it causes a
> message to bounce or be dropped - is simply not workable.)

While I disagree with Dean in general and also with most of his current
argument, I think it is a reasonable request that IETF "officials" be given
an @ietf.org email alias and that those aliases be published for use in
situations such as this.

It's probably going too far to require sending mail from those aliases;
despite Dean's faults, he's smart enough to use the published alias if he
gets a bounce from someone's personal or work address.

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS                                             --Isaac Asimov