Re: [art] A very late suggestion (was; Re: Back from leave)

--On Tuesday, October 25, 2022 08:13 +0200 Claudio Allocchio
<Claudio.Allocchio@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Or, we divide the area back into Real-time and APP area.
>
> the reason we broght them together is that many (most) of
> applications are quite often real time stuff now :-)
>
> so... no :-)

Right.  I think that, if one were looking to divide ART, that
would not be the right boundary.  However, part of what I've
been concerned is overlapping topics and lack of sufficient
collaboration among WGs.  My guess is that splitting the Area up
might easily make that worse.

And, again, given the Nomcom schedule, I see even a serious
discussion of an Area reorganization as a longer-term problem.
If there is actually an immediate problem --as I think there
is-- then it is probably the case that "third AD" and "just live
with it" are the only options.  Oddly, if I had the time,
energy, or organizational support needed to volunteer to return
to the IESG, contemplating that workload would deter me.  I have
no idea if others have had similar reactions, but note that, as
of a few minutes ago, the Nomcom page still showed only one
candidate, Francesca, for the existing slot.

   john