Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-davies-int-historic-04.txt> (Deprecating infrastructure "int" domains) to Informational RFC

The IESG <iesg-secretary@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
    > last-call@xxxxxxxx mailing lists by 2022-11-23. Exceptionally, comments
    > may be sent to iesg@xxxxxxxx instead. In either case, please retain the
    > beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

    > Abstract

    >    The document marks as historic any "int" domain names that were
    > designated for infrastructure purposes, and identifies them for removal
    > from the "int" top-level domain.  Any implementation that involves
    > these domains should be considered deprecated.  This document also
    > marks RFC 1528 and RFC 1706 as historic.

So, I understand that none of our infrastructure has been in .int for some
years (decades even).

The document says:
   In conjunction with this change, the eligibility for "int" domains was
   limited to only intergovernmental treaty organizations.

I think that, after approval, that this use for int will remain, and the
management of it will fall to, I guess, ICANN, as yet another TLD?

At first reading, it seemed like we were removing int entirely, but upon more
careful reading, I see that we are just removing our infrastructure
delegations.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [