Re: [Last-Call] Professional organization? [was Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins]

On 10/7/22 09:02, Ted Lemon wrote:
> It is an organization that we participate in professionally, so it is a
> professional organization. It is not a social group. Hobbyists are welcome
> to participate, but it's reasonable for us to expect that they behave
> professionally.

As someone who pay from my own pocket to participate in the IETF, I suppose that I am part of that "them" that you clearly separate from the "us".

You know, up to this point, I tried really hard to understand the point of view of people who felt rejected by the IETF, but it was a bit theoretical to me.  With that condescending response I can now relate to that point of view.

So, thank you?

--
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Email: marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx