Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 10:18 AM Timothy Mcsweeney <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/06/2022 9:35 AM EDT Eric Rescorla <ekr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Moderators, can you please keep this on topic for the last-call list. This
> is not relevant to the PR-Action.
>
> Incidentally, Jay Daley is not the "leader of the IETF'. If the IETF could
> be said to have a leader, it would be the IETF Chair, which Jay is not.

Yes Jay Daley is the Executive Director of the IETF.  Can he/did he initiate this PR action?  I think it's important to know the initiating area director in something as serious as this.

It seems that perhaps you don't understand the IETF structure. You might find RFC 8711 useful in this context:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8711.html

Jay is the Executive Director of the IETF LLC, which has nothing to do with being an Area Director. He does not sit on the IESG and cannot initiate a PR Action.

-Ekr