Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

John,

my point is that those in leadership positions can't afford to wear blinkers. odd to see senior contributors say 'oh, I muted dan years ago'. that just lets the problem fester.

if you're on the iesg, you're on the ietf list, and expected to read it.

 But we've also already seen how a chair who didn't like reading that list expressed their personal preferences. The Sergeants at Arms became their personal immediate filtering and muting mechanism. As opposed to, say, clicking 'mute thread'.

I'd prefer that the iesg discussed and reached rough consensus on serious actions to be taken on contributors, on a timescale somewhere between trigger-happy and torpid. If comparing personal thread/person muting filters is one useful input there, so be it.

Lloyd Wood
lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx

so, Dan didn't make any friends in the ietf, then?