Re: travel insurance, was Registration open for IETF 115

It appears that Livingood, Jason <Jason_Livingood@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>In the US you can obtain travel insurance which permits cancelation or trip extension due to illness or even cancel for any
>reason. I purchased that for a trip to London last December. As Jay noted this varies by country so folks need to sort that on
>their own (just as with flight booking, etc.)

In the US, insurance is regulated by the states. I doubt that the
policy you got in Pennslyvania is available here in New York which has
stricter regulators.

I looked for travel medical insurance when I went to a meeting in
London earlier this year and found that the kind of full year
multi-trip insurance I used to get is not available at all in NY. I
have to get a separate short-term policy for each trip.

R's,
John

PS: tip for US residents over 65: Medicare has no coverage outside the US so you need travel medical.