Re: Registration open for IETF 115

> On Aug 23, 2022, at 9:51 AM, Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On 8/23/22 09:37, Glenn Deen wrote:
>> Has the IETF LLC considered identifying some traveler covid insurance providers that people can self insure with to protect against covid impacts such as needing to cancel?
>
> For me the question regarding insurance would be "who gets to define 'needing' to cancel"?    The insurance company is just risking money, while travelers could (still) be risking their lives.

That’s in the coverage terms but from the ones I’ve looked at it appears to involve a doctors diagnosis and possibly providing positive proof via tests suck as PCR.
These are not new for covid, these sort of insurance policies have been around and well used by many, especially retired folks who travel.

Like any insurance - car, health, home - it is critical to read the terms and not jump to unsupported assumptions of what’s covered or not.

 It’s not perfect but if there is a specific concern such as “I can’t travel due to getting sick” there is insurance in many territories that can be bought ahead that will cover the traveler. It’s not free but in these uncertain times it may be cost reasonable and prudent.

Glenn