Re: I think we missed something important when FTP was shut off.

Mike StJohns wrote:

> Subject: I think we missed something important when FTP was shut off.

That dumb stupid browser developers stopped supporting FTP does
not mean FTP, which is still STD0009, as a protocol, shut off.

But, I agree with you that it is stupid that IETF shut off FTP
service to the public only because of a decision of a committee
consisting of stupid and hardworking guys to pretend as if they
were working hard contributing to general public.

Your example clearly shows the stupidity of the committee.

That FTP properly recognize not only sources and destinations
but also controllers as essential ends of file transfer is
very important for the E2E principle not inherited by poor
"second" systems such as RTSP.

						Masataka Ohta