Re: I think we missed something important when FTP was shut off.

On 23. Aug 2022, at 07:45, Lloyd W <lloyd.wood=40yahoo.co.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's entirely unreasonable to expect a standards body to keep track of the actual details of how its standards are made or to archive its decisionmaking processes, and obviously that would be a ridiculous economic burden for ISOC LLC to bear. A memory tax, if you will, avoided by putting things in the memory hole.

Lloyd, I’m used to your facetious contributions, but other readers of this list may not be.
So just for clarification to those who might take these lines seriously:

Obviously, random average “standards bodies” may not want to keep transparent history.

I’m absolutely sure that we (IETF) want to be better than that average.

Grüße, Carsten

(A meeting hotel being surrounded by water may not be the most important reason for looking at the proceedings, but I do remember that some people were prevented from reaching the hotel, and that may have had some minor impact on the results of IETF 34.)