Re: IETF116 in Japan and Covid

I think that what we really want is some assurance that the rules *WHATEVER
THEY ARE* will not become *MORE* stringent between booking the travel and
doing the travel.
This was my major concern for Vienna, and the reason I sought a direct flight
as I also wanted to rule out third countries changing their rules.

There are multiple ways to do this!
Getting some exemption that allows us some lower level of inspection likely
won't work.

The simplest is to find out what the likely Step Up (to more restrictive)
response is likely to be, and publish *THAT* by some date.  Perhaps four
weeks in advance.
If we can plan on what a higher level of inspection likely does work.

It could be that the resulting situation (such a compulsary contact tracking
by an app in a language that we can't speak) is intolerable, and we will then
make our individual decision to attend remotely.

(Maybe some will decide to travel to Bali instead, which is a close timezone...)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-