Re: Meetecho observer logins and privacy

    Jay> Hi John There was a long conversation roughly two years ago on
    Jay> manycouches and tools-discuss about discontinuing the live
    Jay> audio streams, and while you mentioned privacy in passing in
    Jay> that discussion, there was no reference to this being a
    Jay> consensus requirement.  The general feeling of those
    Jay> participating was that a) audio streams and jabber were
    Jay> sufficient for anonymous participation; and b) fee waivers
    Jay> handled the issues of exclusion, and so the audio streams were
    Jay> retained and enhanced.

    Jay> Like Lars I would like a reference to the consensus agreement
    Jay> that you mention as it would help all of us involved in meeting
    Jay> planning to understand what the requirements are.

I never subscribed to manycouches so I don't have archives of that.
I did some digging around in the mail archives I do have,
and I do find some general assumptions in discussions over the years
that anonymous observation was okay/a good thing, but I was never able
to find that as a consensus discussion.
To me it looked like in several related discussions it was generally
assumed that anonymous observation was fine enough that the question
never came to a consensus..

I'd recommend looking at the following message-ids and the threads they
reference as part of this; going back to 2010, mostly on the ietf list.

id:C7F6A704FF7456C506030EAA@PSB
id:535AD38E.4030703@xxxxxxx
id:CADnDZ88ZaSU=VR6-xCR5vEWXJX=VzMg9a0m7owQP5CbGeu_-RQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
id:ECF4A733EFD13FA1753C063B@[192.168.1.128]
id:51FB9951.7090700@xxxxxxxxxxx
id:4C4C0F4C.7030605@xxxxxxxxx

Or with a bit more context
thread:0000000000016352   2018-03-02 [1/217] John C Klensin| Eric Rescorla, Toerless Eckert, Ross Finlayson, Ted Lemon, Joe Touch, Mary B, Lee Howard, Paul Hoffman, Ole Jacobsen, Adrian Farrel, Dirk Kutscher, Leslie Daigle, Eric C Rosen, Michael StJohns, Joe Hildebrand, Eliot Lear, Adam Roach, Mark Nottingham, Joel M. Halpern, Alia Atlas, Suzanne Woolf, Andrew Sullivan, Deen, Glenn (NBCUniversal), Lyndon Nerenberg, ned+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John E Drake, John Levine, John R Levine, Hector Santos, Alissa Cooper, Randy Bush, Richard Barnes, Melinda Shore, Donald Eastlake, Mikael Abrahamsson, Anton Ivanov, Christer Holmberg, Bob Hinden, Theodore Ts'o, John Leslie, Tim Chown, Christian Huitema, Eggert, Lars, Stephanie McCammon, Andrew G. Malis, Alexa Morris, tom p., Stephen Farrell, Stewart Bryant, Leif Johansson, Phillip Hallam-Baker, Lou Berger, Daniele Ceccarelli, heasley, Michael Richardson, Theodore V Faber, Jay Gannon; Proposed Photography Policy (attachment ietf ietf-anon signed unread)
thread:0000000000005aea   2014-04-25 [1/24(44)] David Farmer| Lawrence Rosen, Phillip Hallam-Baker, MH Michael Hammer (5304), Dave Crocker, Adrian Farrel, Dale R. Worley, Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE), manning bill, Brian E Carpenter, Sam Hartman, S Moonesamy, John C Klensin, Avri Doria; Author disclosures and conflict of interest (ietf ietf-anon personal replied unread)
thread:0000000000003f2a   2013-10-22 [1/60(120)] Abdussalam Baryun| Brian E Carpenter, Techno CAT, Donald Eastlake, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ, SM, l.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Melinda Shore, Randy Bush, Phillip Hallam-Baker, Barry Leiba, Dave Crocker, John C Klensin, Scott Brim, Ted Lemon, Jari Arkko, Thomas Narten, Christian Huitema, Masataka Ohta, joel jaeggli, Jorge Amodio, Richard Shockey, Douglas Otis, ned+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Levine, David Conrad, Roger Jørgensen, Olaf Kolkman, Dan Harkins, TSG - personal; Sergeant at arms: please deal with mars.techno.cat@xxxxxxxxx (ietf ietf-anon signed)
thread:000000000000335d   2013-08-03 [1/41(82)] John C Klensin| Olle E. Johansson, Michael Richardson, Ted Lemon, Hadriel Kaplan, Brian E Carpenter, Scott Brim, Stephen Farrell, Melinda Shore, Spencer Dawkins, Peter Saint-Andre, Dave Cridland, SM, Yoav Nir, James Polk, John Curran, Keith Moore, Andrew Feren, Dave Crocker; procedural question with remote participation (ietf ietf-anon signed)
thread:000000000000333d   2013-08-02 [1/13(26)] Adam Roach| Scott Brim, Brian E Carpenter, Lou Berger, Abdussalam Baryun, Olle E. Johansson, l.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Yoav Nir, Ted Lemon, John C Klensin; Anonymity versus Pseudonymity (was Re: [87attendees] procedural question with remote participation) (ietf ietf-anon)
thread:00000000000a0e67   2010-07-25 [1/15] Joel Jaeggli| Brian E Carpenter, Fred Baker, John Levine, John R. Levine, Jorge Amodio, Michel Py, Bob Hinden, Phillip Hallam-Baker, todd glassey, Marshall Eubanks, Martin Rex; The anonymity question (ietf ietf-anon)