Re: Meetecho observer logins and privacy

Hi John

There was a long conversation roughly two years ago on manycouches and tools-discuss about discontinuing the live audio streams, and while you mentioned privacy in passing in that discussion, there was no reference to this being a consensus requirement.  The general feeling of those participating was that a) audio streams and jabber were sufficient for anonymous participation; and b) fee waivers handled the issues of exclusion, and so the audio streams were retained and enhanced.

Like Lars I would like a reference to the consensus agreement that you mention as it would help all of us involved in meeting planning to understand what the requirements are.  It sounds to me as if the answer to your whole last paragraph is that this consensus was somehow 'lost' and so nobody was aware they were not honouring it, assuming that consensus is how you remember it.

Finally, just to note that the Plenary is always livestreamed on YouTube, with no delay: https://www.ietf.org/live/ietf114-plenary/

Jay

--
Jay Daley