Re: [Last-Call] [art] Call for comments on draft-ietf-core-problem-details-07

Hello Tom, others,

On 2022-06-30 20:31, tom petch wrote:

Second, the 'NOTE' seems at variance with RFC5646 in that the RFC specifies that they are case insensitive.  YANG is in most respects a lower case language and it has the concept of canonical form so my understanding of RFC5646 is that the canonical form, in any YANG context, would be lower case, which is not what the appendix says (not that the appendix explicitly considers YANG but I expect tusers of this I-D will).

I agree with what Carsten said (in a later mail): that for core-problem, and also for CBOR in general, we are in the right spot.

Although the wording in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc5646#section-2.1.1 (pointed to by Randy) is different, in some way it would be appropriate to call capitalizations such zh-US-Latn-pinyin (Chinese as used in the US, written in Latin script according to the pinyin Romanization) the "canonical form" according to RFC 5654.

The question for YANG would be whether to force lower case, whether to allow free case (as RFC 5646 does), or whether to force the above capitalization. I do not know enough about the YANG ecosystem to be able to give advice. But what YANG does definitely should not affect other formats and protocols.

Regards,   Martin.