Re: Restricting participant access to the standards process

On 01-Jul-22 01:32, Livingood, Jason wrote:
please define the courts with jurisdiction over IETF LLC.

For better or worse the IETF LLC is required to operate within the law. For example, US courts could serve the LLC with legal orders and we must comply with US tax laws (and other US laws and state laws). When we held a meeting in Vienna, we had to comply with local Austrian laws, and so on. When we meet in Philadelphia, US federal laws, Pennsylvania state laws, and Philadelphia local laws will apply - and each have their respective court systems.

Also, the LLC has staff and operations in countries outside the USA, which would certainly be subject to local jurisdiction on employment and tax law etc., completely regardless of the IETF's purpose.

   Brian