Re: [Last-Call] Call for comments on draft-ietf-core-problem-details-07

Hi -

On 2022-06-30 4:31 AM, tom petch wrote:
Second, the 'NOTE' seems at variance with RFC5646 in that the RFC specifies that they are case insensitive.  YANG is in most respects a lower case language and it has the concept of canonical form so my understanding of RFC5646 is that the canonical form, in any YANG context, would be lower case, which is not what the appendix says (not that the appendix explicitly considers YANG but I expect tusers of this I-D will).

However, I'd draw your attention to
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc5646#section-2.1.1

Requiring comparisons to be case-insensitive is not the same thing
as requiring the canonical form to be lower case, particularly if
these tags might be presented to humans somewhere along the way.

Randy