Re: [Last-Call] [art] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-core-problem-details-05

On 24/06/2022 10:28, Carsten Bormann wrote:
On 2022-06-24, at 10:54, tom petch <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The I-D was revised to include a YANG leaf 'language' with a horrendous YANG pattern spanning 25 lines.

That is hilarious!

Thanks for the pointer.

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-facing-interface-dm-29.html

Search for “leaf language {” or use a Chrome-specific URL:

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-facing-interface-dm-29.html#:~:text=leaf%20language%20%7B

So they did copy the ABNF from RFC 5646, turned it into a regex, and copied it in…

Maybe the regex we have in
https://github.com/core-wg/core-problem-details/pull/40
would have been a bit more easy to handle.

I do not know where the authors went. The I2NSF list is not one for discussion, rather for fait accompli, a revised I-D appearing along with a large PDF that refers to comments and resolution but in a format that discourages me from trying to see what has been done and why. AD comments, such as Francesca's, by contrast, are clear and straightforward.

Anyhow, Ira's comment about copying from an RFC caught my eye as this YANG pattern, right or wrong, has been replicated in other I2NSF I-D and since Francesca has made similar comments about other WG I-D I can see that pattern getting copied elsewhere. I have suggested on the NETMOD list that this is one for 6991bis but that I-D has taken a very long time to get past WGLC so I suspect that the reaction will not be positive.

Tom Petch

Grüße, Carsten

.