Re: No Rights in the UK: Re: Gun control at IETF 114

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/offensive-weapons-knives-bladed-and-pointed-articles

Lloyd Wood
lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 15 Jun 2022, at 04:06, Jim Fenton <fenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9 Jun 2022, at 2:55, tom petch wrote:

I think it worth pointing out that in the UK, the carrying of knives, or other bladed weapons, is also a criminal offence.  Last time, some IETF participants did not realise that and lost their weapons.

That’s very useful information. Since high school, I have usually carried a Swiss Army knife (Super Tinker model, because it has a Phillips screwdriver) and probably had it with me at the last London IETF, but didn’t get caught. Can you point me at a definition of “bladed weapon” to know what I can and can’t have in the UK?

This might be useful information to have in the meeting wiki as well.

-Jim