Re: WG Review: Source Address Validation in Intra-domain and Inter-domain Networks (savnet)

Hi Fred,

On 03/06/2022 21:44, Fred Baker wrote:
I guess I would like to understand what privacy-promoting mechanisms
you would find acceptable.

My concern is that such a thing might not exist, so I can't
give you a positive answer I'm afraid. (Where "thing" is a
privacy-friendly SAVI-like Internet-scale something - if I'm
reading the charter so badly that nothing SAVI-like is
envisaged then perhaps that indicates other problems with the
charter text.)

For example, I could imagine some form of
nonce or address-hiding mechanism known only by the communicating
parties, perhaps exchanged during some form of encrypted call setup
protocol.

That's why I asked about research. If it could be done I'd
bet some academic has published on the topic. (It's not my
field so I've not looked, hence just asking.)

Cheers,
S.

Sent using a machine that autocorrects in interesting ways...

On Jun 3, 2022, at 1:26 PM, Adrian Farrel <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>