IETF NomCom Chair 2022-2023

Dear colleagues,

I write in my capacity as the Internet Society President and CEO.

I am pleased to announce that Rich Salz has agreed to serve as Chair of the NomCom for the 2022-2023 cycle.  Rich is well-known for his long service in the IETF, and the datatracker tells me he has been an author on Internet Drafts since the late 1990s. He is currently Chair of the HTTPAPI Working Group; a member of the Tools Team; and a reviewer in the Security Area Directorate, the ART Area Review Team, and the  	Education, Mentoring and Outreach Directorate.  He has worked at Akamai for just under a decade, and attended MIT.  His email address is rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx.  You should expect further announcements from him about the process for seating the NomCom.

The selection this year proceeded according to the process outlined in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sullivan-nomcom-chair-select/.  I am delighted to say that I had more than one excellent candidate to choose from this year, and it was a difficult choice.  I thank all those who offered to serve, and those who provided feedback to me about the candidates.

Best regards,

Andrew

--
Andrew Sullivan