Re: [Last-Call] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-sidrops-8210bis-06

hi,

> 1. In the first paragraph of Section 4, the term 'connection' is used.
>    I guess this is referring to a 'transport connection'. If that is
>    true, using 'transport connection' improves readability.

thanks

> 2. Section 4 talks about connection establishment. When should a
>    connection be terminated?

	Barring errors, transport connections remain up as long as the
	cache and router remain up and the router is not reconfigured to
	no longer use the cache.

> 3. Section 4 talks about connection establishment. What happens
>    if a connection is terminated in a graceful or non-graceful way?

	Should a transport connection be lost for unknown reasons, the
	router SHOULD try to reestablish one; being careful to not abuse
	the cache with twoo many failed requests.

> 4. Section 6 provides values for timers. The minimum values for the
>    Refresh Interval and the Retry Interval, both 1 second, might
>    interfere with loss recovery timers of the underlying transport
>    protocol. Is there any mechanism in the protocol to deal with this?

to be honest, no.  this would seem to depend on the underlying
transport, how it is configured, etc.  if you would care to suggest
simple text, i would be much obliged.

> 5. Section 9 describes that end points SHOULD use keep-alives, if
>    available at the transport layer. Any recommendation regarding the
>    time after which it should be sent and about the frequency?

same as previous.

randy