Re: draft-hsyu-message-fragments replacement status updated by Cindy Morgan

On 4/28/22 15:05, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:

I don't know if my expectation that authorship should be preserved is
misplaced - maybe it is. We already co-assign copyright to the IETF.

Authorship and copyright are very different things, and we should try to not conflate them.

IETF absolutely should not be trying to remove author attribution when the work remains significantly the same.  Nor should IETF be trying to prevent or discourage an author from continuing to revise their own work, or to hide author revisions of that work, even if a WG adopts a fork of that work.

Keith