Re: [Last-Call] [OPS-DIR] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-quic-manageability-14

From: Warren Kumari <warren@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 5, 2022 1:00 PM
To: Brian Trammell <ietf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: MORTON JR., AL <acmorton@xxxxxxx>; Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; ops-dir@xxxxxxxx; Paul Vixie <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>; last-call@xxxxxxxx; draft-ietf-quic-manageability.all@xxxxxxxx; Mirja Kuehlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Lucas Pardue <lucaspardue.24.7@xxxxxxxxx>; QUIC WG <quic@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OPS-DIR] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-quic-manageability-14

Hi Brian, Al, Mirja, et al,

Just a quick note to say thank you to all for this conversation and working towards some sort of consensus.

I personally think that the PRs that Brian has created are helpful, and are looking good. There is a definite, and ongoing tension between the operators' need to see into the traffic for management/filtering/malware protection/etc;  and the users' needs for privacy - this tension makes these sorts of discussions somewhat fraught, and I'd like to thank everyone again for trying to see each other's viewpoints, and work towards text / a solution that we can all live with.

While this compromise might not be perfect, is it good enough that we can all live with it?

[acm]

WFM, thanks,

Al