Re: [Last-Call] Art-Art Last Call review of draft-carpenter-rfced-iab-charter-08

Paul,

Thanks. The fact that RFC2850 is a BCP leaves us no option for the update.

That certainly has my fingerprints on it, because I happened to be IAB Chair at the time of RFC 2850. The IAB agreed in late 1999** to ask for its charter to become a BCP, and it was Last Called as a BCP by the IESG on 27 January 2000.

(The two earlier versions of the IAB charter were essentially self-published as Informational by the IAB.)

** Implicitly reported in https://www.iab.org/documents/minutes/minutes-1999/iab-minutes-1999-12-14/
(IAB minutes were very skimpy at that time, unfortunately.)

Regards
   Brian Carpenter