Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-koster-rep-06.txt> (Robots Exclusion Protocol) to Informational RFC

Scott,

You (or John) might have added one thing, which is that at least
as things have evolved, when we publish a company document under
that exception (whether it received IETF review and changes were
made during the process or not), those documents not only get
very clear text in the Abstract and/or Introduction explaining
what they are but get titles like "BigCo's Protocol for ..." as
another way to show who has the final say on the spec and where
change control lies.  And, whether it might apply here or not
and AFAIK, we have never recognized either an informal
organization that consists of people working together on one
protocol or an industry consortium with no outside members as an
SDO.

   john

--On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 12:40 -0500 Scott Bradner