Re: IETF 113 Standard Registration Deadline and Internet-Draft Submission Cut-off Approaching

The secretariat will no doubt deal with the "important dates" (https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/important-dates/) themselves, but permit me to directly answer your question. Historically, the point of having a draft cut-off was to have the drafts posted prior to the meeting with enough time for people to actually decide what was relevant to them and read them. The period during which the repository is closed is from the Internet Draft submission cut-off (for IETF 113, March 7) until the start of the meeting (which would be Monday March 21 historically and probably Saturday March 19 given current planning statements)