Re: [rfc-i] Public archival of AUTH48 communications

Hey

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 2:19 PM Eric Rescorla <ekr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
While I think transparency is good, I think sending them through the WG list would be a mistake.

In many cases there is a tremendous amount of back and forth about small details that I would prefer not to be bothered with for every WG list I am on.

I don't object to a separate list that WG members could subscribe to.

+1.

Before becoming a chair, all I encountered was a black hole. Now as a chair I see the interactions and it is quite insightful, while at the same time sometimes being none of my business (in a responsibility sense).

In the QUIC WG, most of our business is done on GitHub. The mailing list remains fairly quiet and the signal to noise ratio is good. Reflecting a full auth 48 discourse onto the QUIC list would be a negative in my opinion. A single email to notify people about the fact that auth48 has started, and where to go and subscribe, would be good though.

Cheers
Lucas