Re: [rfc-i] Public archival of AUTH48 communications

On 25-Feb-22 14:44, Carsten Bormann wrote:
On 25. Feb 2022, at 01:42, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Our proposal: to set up a public mailing list of AUTH48 conversations,

Please confirm that this is only for IETF stream documents so far.

We already discussed this in the IRSG and would like to join.

My personal take: We have enough ossification of RFC-related matters; I
don’t think we need to push this one up to 2026.
The RSWG can tweak this when they get to power.

No, that assumes a fait accompli and that is very much against the spirit of community-approved RFC policy which is what people have been demanding for several years. Running an experiment now is fine, declaring a policy isn't.

I would expect the RSWG/RSAB to be operational a month or two from now; the last calls expire on March 7.

    Brian