Re: [Last-Call] [EXTERNAL] Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-12.txt> (IPv6 Minimum Path MTU Hop-by-Hop Option) to Experimental RFC

Tom, yes the idea of a short form / long form as told by the option length sounds
just right. The rule could be that if the sender's first-hop link MTU is larger than
64KB then include the long form; else include the short form.

The other thing is that the option does not need to be included on every packet;
for example, it might go on only a few packets used for path qualification purposes
and then omitted after path qualification is complete.

Can we have the document revised to include long form / short form versions of
the option?

Thanks - Fred