Re: Meeting schedule (was: Re: [admin-discuss] IETF 113 Updates on 2022-01-19)

On 1/31/2022 2:35 PM, Lars Eggert wrote:
Hi,

On 2022-1-28, at 2:30, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As far as I can tell, it's impossible to tell from any of the posted information what time the meetings will start and end each day. That's vital information for anyone considering remote participation.
I apologize that we haven't published details yet.

The plan is to roughly stick with the schedule of a fully online meeting, i.e., start at around mid-day local time and run for around six hours.

I'm waving my hands a bit here, because we are still discussing with the venue about some required procedures, such as for meal breaks and room disinfection, among others. Depending on the details, those may necessitate some longer breaks than we had during fully online meetings. So we may need to start somewhat earlier than we did for the fully online meetings, and/or we may need to run for a bit longer, in order to end up with sufficient session time.

We're hoping to have all the information from the venue early next week.

Thanks,
Lars

Two questions to follow up to Brian's note:

1) Have you given any consideration to running a few of the smaller WGs as completely virtual?  E.g., to save some of the effort that would otherwise be required for things like disinfection and Secretariat support and maybe to shrink the necessary hotel support.

2) What's the setup for the WGs where none of the chairs make it to the IRL meeting?  Have the AD's identified proxies or some other model to support those cases?

Thanks - Mike