IETF 113 Updates on 2022-01-19

Hello,

A few updates as we work to organize and come together for our first-ever hybrid IETF meeting on 19-25 March:

+ Registration
Registration is now expected to be open next week (after 24 January). There have been unforeseen delays with the VAT process which must be completed before accepting registrations. This is now expected to be completed in the next few days. Further details about how the registration process will work will be shared shortly ahead of its opening.

+ Participant discussions
The 113attendees@xxxxxxxx email list is set up for discussions related to the upcoming meeting. The list is now open for subscription by anyone (including those who are not yet sure about whether they will register for in person or remote participation) at:

Replies to this message are set to be sent to that list.

The IETF 113 meeting wiki is also now live at:

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/ietf113

Both the mailing list and wiki may be used by anyone contemplating IETF 113 participation, for example to share information about things not arranged by the LLC or Secretariat such as local amenities and travel insurance.

+ Questions and FAQs
For answers from the Secretariat to specific questions related to IETF 113, please send email to: support@xxxxxxxx

A combined FAQ provides information relevant to the IETF 113 meeting and includes COVID-related information:

https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/113/faq

+ Further information
Going forward, regular updates and important information about the upcoming meeting will be shared via the usual channels, including the ietf-announce and 113all announcement lists. We expect to provide updates at the end of each week leading up to—and daily updates during—the meeting to the 113all@xxxxxxxx mailing list.

We appreciate the heightened interest in and questions about holding a meeting in a new format in these challenging times. Please know that the IESG, IETF LLC Board, IETF Secretariat, LLC staff, and NOC team are committed to organizing a meeting that is as safe and productive as possible. There are obviously many unique issues to deal with in a rapidly changing environment so your understanding as the health situation continues to change is appreciated.

To reiterate: We expect to provide regular updates as we head towards the meeting. At any time, questions about IETF 113 are welcome at support@xxxxxxxx.

Thank you,

Greg Wood
Director of Communications and Operations
IETF Administration LLC