Re: [Last-Call] [dhcwg] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang-24

Dec. 23 2021 14:04.hk

You are so right, in dhcpv6 srv, for prefix, name pools getting more complex in rfc3315 duid changed motherboard sub-mac env.

Sincerely
Li HUANG

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021, 15:06 Liushucheng (Will LIU, Strategy & Industry Development) <liushucheng=40huawei.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Ian,

Sorry for being late.
Thanks for your reply. I had a long discussion on with several people to try to provide some content example. My reply inline with  [Will].

[Will] Agree this is not covered in the module and a lot of variance exist. After checking the examples in Appendix, there is no example about DHCPv6 server bounding to an interface to specific interfaces/addresses, may I suggest add a short example like below?

augment /if:interfaces/if:interface {
    description
      "Extend interface attribute.";
    container dhcpv6-server-attribute {
      description
        "Configure DHCPv6 server interface function.";

      choice server-mode {
        description
          "Set dhcpv6 server mode in the Interface.";
        case automatic-enable {
          description
            "Enable/disable dhcpv6 server automatic mode.";
          leaf server-automatic-anable {
            type boolean;
            default "false";
            description
              "Enable/disable dhcpv6 server automatic mode.";
          }
        }
        case pool-name {
          description
            "Pool name.";
          leaf pool-name {
            type string {
              length "1..31";
            }
            description
              "Pool name.";
          }
        }
      }
      leaf is-allow-hint {
        type boolean;
        default "false";
        description
          "Enable/disable to allow the server to assign prefix according to the client expectation.";
      }
      leaf preference {
        type uint8 {
          range "0..255";
        }
        default "0";
        description
          "The server priority in the advertise packet.";
      }
      leaf is-rapid {
        type boolean;
        default "false";
        description
          "Enable/disable to support for fast allocation.";
      }
      leaf is-unicast {
        type boolean;
        default "false";
        description
          "Enable/disable to specify the unicast communication between client and server in the address renewal process.";
      }
}

> > 2. The key of container address-pools and container prefix-pools in
> > the DHCPv6 server may be changed to pool-name.
>
> [if - ‘pool-id’ was originally typed as being uint32 with the intention that it
> was just a unique ID number for the pool. The type got changed to string due
> to a recent review comment, But I think the intended use remains the same - it
> is a unique identifier for the pool, whether the user choses a numeric or a
> string based identifier as suits their requirements.
>
> My feeling is that pool-id is a suitable name for this function, but would be
> happy to change if there is a good reason to use pool-name.
> ]

[Will] Agree to change 'pool-id’ to string.

Regards,        |   致礼!
Will LIU        |   刘树成