Re: The leadership pipeline and WG chairs

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 12:21:56AM -0500, Donald Eastlake wrote:
> Last I knew, Secretaries couldn't request publication.

and they're not meant to get the WG Webex key or meetecho key either,
so the job role doesn't help to actually support organizing stuff
(like design team meetings etc..). Pretty stupid.

> I would be fine with the document Shepherd, WG Chair, and sponsoring
> AD being listed in documents as long as it was not too prominent near
> the end and only the Authors/Editors are listed on the front page. But
> they shouldn't be labeled as a "contributor" unless they actually made
> a technical contribution. Being listed as a contributor has IPR
> implications.

Good point, rfc 8179, 5.1.1.
However, i think to remember all the slides and practices in WGs
do only call on authors for IPR disclosures. That looks like a bug.

Cheers
    toerless