Re: The leadership pipeline and WG chairs

On Nov 13, 2021, at 6:03 AM, Salz, Rich <rsalz=40akamai.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

sometimes we used a WG chair position to help a long-time contributor justify their involvement to their employer

It seems the converse to me: employer support *determines* the available pool of candidates for IETF positions.

The only way to stop that is to either fund the positions directly or lighten them to the point where they can be done as incidental service.

Joe