Re: IETF 114 in the USA

> On 6 Oct 2021, at 03:14, Stephan Wenger <stewe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I have flown to Europe and back to the US three times since this spring.  The only empty plane I encountered was on the very first flight, in April 2021 during the peak of the European "third wave", when the 787-8 was only 1/3rd full.  Since then, the 777-300 or 747-8 were packed.

Airlines don't fly empty planes, they cancel them. And then they pack passengers in, close together, on the remaining flights, pandemic or no pandemic.

The useful observation is often not how full your plane is. It's how many other flights cover that route, and how often.

Lloyd Wood
lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx