Re: Want to be on the IESG?

  • I didn't realize that people "ran" for either IESG or IAB.   I thought it was up to the nomcom to scare up additional candidates, even if plenty of candidates (or existing seat holders) nominated themselves.

As almost every Nomcom chair has said, multiple times, it is a community responsibility, not just nomcom.

You are correct that I used a politically-incorrect term.