Re: Want to be on the IESG?

Salz, Rich <rsalz=40akamai.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Nominations close in ten days. The IAB has eight people vying for six
    > positions.  All other technical positions – i.e., the IESG – are
    > running unopposed.

    > Given the recent survey, I view this as disastrous.  Have any outgoing
    > members tried to find replacements?

Given pandemic situation, it may not be as terrible a result as you suggest.
Specifically, I'm suggesting that various degrees of arm twisting and
persuasion would often occur over the summer, in person. (over beer...)

BUT, I mostly agree with you. It's a bit of a process disaster.
One question I know that nomcom have asked is:
     How will you find/plan for a successor?

As I've said repeatedly, if you want to know who are eligible to become ADs, the list
is here:
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/photos/

If ADs aren't inserting the right new blood here, then there won't be any new
blood on the IESG candidate list.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )