Re: Proposal: an "important-news" IETF announcement list

Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > On 30-Sep-21 04:07, Michael Richardson wrote:
    >>
    >> Barry Leiba <barryleiba@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> > I think that 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 should be in a weekly summary, one
    >> > single message per week.
    >>
    >> Mailman has a digest mode.  Would that suffice?

    > No, because from observation, most people who reply to a digest don't
    > change the Subject to a useful string. This would be disastrous for
    > Last Call workflows in particular.

The categories proposed that would be on a list that would be digestable
would be (based upon what Barry wrote):

> [...]

So, we'd need to not include Last Call Announcements in that list.
Then would it work for you?

A thing that I like about the digest option is that the archives (and IMAP)
would have the individual messages.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )