Re: Proposal: an "important-news" IETF announcement list

Bron Gondwana wrote on 29/09/2021 07:36:
The key goal should be that roughly-nobody (in the vein of rough consensus) feels that their time is wasted by reading emails to this list.

One person's idea of what's important is not the same as another's. The danger of throwing a bunch of stuff into a single feed labelled "important news" is that people will end up thinking "wait, I thought you said this was important but now I'm getting all these emails about $blah", where $blah is low on their priority list.

4.6 routine emails per day is low volume for most. For others, 23 high priority emails a week will easily fall into straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back territory.

Nick