Re: IETF 114 in the USA

Ted,

Please write the draft. Hopefully the revised SHMOO charter will be able to accommodate this proposal. I am glad to see convincing arguments why this will work better than what we used to do, because a large (67%) reduction in travel should be a goal in itself.

Back when I was running the networking team at CERN, I was often asked "Why do you travel so much?" and my answer was "So that you have to travel less." At this time, that argument no longer holds. We have surely made much of our own travel unnecessary.

https://tinyurl.com/489j7ez4

Regards
   Brian