"anyone who imagines that [insert event here] anytime soon, is nuts"

On 2021-09-09, at 19:38, John Levine <johnl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But anyone who imagines that the public Internet will stop running on
> IPv4 anytime soon, is nuts.

Probably.

But then.

I live in a country that was split into two parts for some 40+ years and where, on October 3rd, 1989, 98%+ of the people in either part would have said the equivalent thing about the prospect of reunification within the next decade (or ever).  October 3rd, 1990, it was completed.

Things we take for granted sometimes topple over fast.

(But then again, with respect to IPv4, I’m actually within those 98 %…)

Grüße, Carsten