Re: xml2rfc line break

Am 18.08.2021 um 16:59 schrieb Carsten Bormann:
On 2021-08-18, at 16:43, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx> wrote:

Am 18.08.2021 um 01:08 schrieb heasley:
Or, if you actually want a list item containing two paragraphs:

<ol>
    <li>
      <t>bunch of hooey</t>
      <t>more hoo-ah</t>
    </li>
</ol>

That works, but did not work for me originally and after your message I found
that I could not mix syntax like below.  Maybe using <t> throughout the <dl>
would work.

<ol>
    <li>
      bunch of hooey
      <t>more hoo-ah</t>
    </li>
</ol>

In all cases, the errors that it produced did not lead me to a solution.

Raise an issue (-> <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/xml2rfc>).

Best regards, Julian

As far as I can see, there is no support for mixed content between block-level elements (to which <t belongs) and text/span-level elements anywhere in the v3 grammar.

There are a few elements that can have sequences of text/span-level elements *or* sequences of block-level elements:

blockquote (but not aside!?)
li
dd (not dt!)
td/th

So while this may be confusing until one reads the grammar, this is at least somewhat consistent.

Absolutely. My suggestion was to raise a ticket for the non-helpful
diagnostics.

(It doesn’t help that there are elements like <contact that are allowed in both block-level and span-level contexts and change their semantics based on that context.)

Indeed. (Guess what?)

Best regards, Julian