Re: IPv6 Anycast has been killed by LINUX patch in 2016 - who cares?

Peace,

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 3:27 AM Tom Herbert <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Transport connections follow the end-to-end model. Transport state is
> maintained at the endpoints and not in the network

Ideally, yes, this is what we have IPv6 for: to eliminate NAT which is
the (part of the) transport state maintained in the network.

> If a connection is still useful after 12 hours, and everyone is happy,
> why tear it down and start over?

Yep, no need, why?
You just need to be prepared that it would eventually break.

> How does anycast work with Multipath TCP? Wouldn't each subflow
> potentially be routed to a different anycast host?

Depends on the architecture of the application.  Might work well, or
might not work.

--
Töma