Re: IPv6 Anycast has been killed by LINUX patch in 2016 - who cares?

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 10:51 AM Warren Kumari <warren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 10:38 AM Töma Gavrichenkov <ximaera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Peace,

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 5:35 PM Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Anycast has been the ultimate DDoS mitigation tool for a decade already
> It’s certainly *a* tool.  Ultimate is in the eyes of the beholder.
> My employer doesn’t use it.

Well it does.
https://www.akamai.com/us/en/multimedia/documents/product-brief/prolexic-proxy-product-brief.pdf

... as do a large number of (TCP) CDNs and content providers.

The CacheFly writeup is one of the better descriptions - https://www.cachefly.com/anycast-think-before-you-talk-part-i/

To be honest I wasn't going to get involved in this thread due to the tone of some of the messages, but...

also, also, isn't the 'ipv6 anycast is ded in the linhux colonel' really about the anycast address per prefix in ipv6 and not about bgp / igp anycast?