Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-mpls-sr-label-type-06.txt> (Export of MPLS Segment Routing Label Type Information in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)) to Informational RFC

Hi Tom,

Can you please clarify why that section is "a nonsense"?

As indicated in the write-up, that section includes sufficient information to proceed with the IANA assignments. The I-D cites itself as the codpoints requester, while it cites the RFCs that define the related mechanisms as the authoritative references. Citing RFC7012 here is not useful.

The I-D includes required information taking into account the discussion with the IE experts and IANA. Hence the additional column.

Please note that it is not the job of this I-D to fix issues related to the target registry. It is thus out of scope to discuss changing pointers to 5102 to 7012. FYI, 7012 discusses why reference to 5102 is maintained in the registry.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Med

Thank you.