Re: Randomness sources for the IETF 2021-2022 Nomcom Selection

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 12:59 PM
<g_e_montenegro=40yahoo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ,,,
>
> During this current period the NomComs tweak the list with additions and deletions, but not with gratuitous reorderings. And then a final list is published before selection starts.
>
> Mike has a good point about there being only one source of randomness after the current "tweaking" period is over (thanks for the math!). I have added one more source of randomness to be drawn after this period is over to increase entropy. This implies some additional days of delay in the schedule, but we are still ok per RFC8713. Timelines have been updated accordingly.

As the author of RFC 3797, I see no problem with adding or deleting
randomness sources or even completely replacing the list of randomness
sources as long as this is done before the first source in the old
list and the new list includes adequate entropy.

Thanks,
Donald
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx